Thursday, September 13, 2007

Posters From Beyond the Iron Curtain

Admittedly, this owes a good deal to two posts I saw at BoingBoing, a wonderful website, which offers me the overwhelming temptation to repost all the good stuff they put up. I will try to reist that temptation as long as you promise to diligently read BoingBoing. Deal?

A Soviet Poster a Day


This comes from a wonderful blog that has vowed to post a new Soviet poster every day, complete with background information and relevant history. Rad? Yes. This will confirm the sneaking suspicion of every college dorm room wall that Soviet propaganda never goes out of style.

A Soviet Poster A Day

Polish Movie Posters



These sites illustrate what I hope will become an overwhelming new trend in dorm room style: Polish movie posters. I don't know how this happened, but somehow, Polish poster artists developed a tradition of really great poster design thats stunning for even the most banal, mundane films. I've got a few links of sites you could look at for this with galleries, history, and purchasing information, you little consumer, you.

A Grayspace Poster Gallery
CinemaPoster
Polish Poster

No comments: